- We flex for reading at 8:15. It is important to be on time. I take attendance immediately after the bell rings.
- Required homework is a math exit ticket and reading - preferably 30 minutes. There will also be at least two home projects need parental support.
- Second grade has many traditions: we pie taste in November, share family traditions in December, eat Chinese food for lunch in February for Chinese New Year, and have chips and salsa on Cinco de Mayo, and celebrate the end of the year with a grade level celebration.
- We have PE on Tuesday afternoons and have movement (aerobic dancing) after recess on Friday. Appropriate shoes are a must!
- We will have some out the classroom experiences that will be planned and announced at a later date.
- Your child may bring their own homework folder and headphones or ear buds.
- Desks in this classroom do not have much space. Please keep ‘extras’ to a minimum as un-cluttered desks make a difference in your child’s learning.
- Your children will be using Chrome books this year. They will learn their user names and passwords that they will use in school and possibly at home until they leave Union School District.
- For your child’s safety, please let your child know what the plan is for pick up after school ahead of time. If there is a change in the plan, please email me or contact the office!
- Wednesday Morning Math will begin on Wednesday, September 18th at 7:30 am. This is a review session but everyone is welcome.
- We will use a variety of tools and strategies to learn. Your students will be engaged and learning all day long!
- A link to the Oster handbook has been sent to you. Please read it and share it with your child. Print the acknowledgement page and both you and your child should sign. I can get you a hard copy if you need one.
Using school apps at home
Student Name: «First_Name» «Last_Name»
Google Chrome username: «google_wunionsd» Password: «Password»
On computers/Chromebooks: Sign into chrome (to download chrome onto your computer https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/)
Go to Oster Symbaloo Page and pick program you want to use. Some choices to explore are Brainpop, Khan Math, Starfall. These are free programs and do not require log in. See below for log in information for some of other programs that will be available to students this summer.
Click on Clever icon on Oster Symbaloo Pageto access Jiji STMath
*Using an ipad/android device for above programs requires download of Clever App
Here are the steps to use Clever badges
1. Click on Clever app and allow camera access
2. Use Clever badge QR code and show in front of a forward-facing camera
3. Once Clever log you in, all programs via Clever will be shown under Clever Application, just have your students click STmath (Jiji) and they'll be login instantly.
Popular 2nd grade books